Stack File Names Changed

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Tue Jul 20 08:41:30 EDT 2004

Hello Everyone,

I've come across an anomaly with an MC project running in OS X that may
be of interest to Revolution users.  It hasn't happened with any of my
Revolution projects (yet).

I have a standalone main stack that has a number of stack files, all of
which have names that end in .mc.  These are stored in the Mac OS
folder inside the application package.  When the application is opened,
it automatically opens one of the stack files, say, fileName.mc, which
is the default window the user will be working in.  This works most of
the time, but on rare occasions the main stack opens with its splash
screen but the stack file that is called via a handler in the main
stack does not.  The user is then left with a menu bar and nothing
else.  The couple of times it has happened, I simply reinstalled the
standalone because I didn't have time to look for the cause.  But two
days ago, when it happened again, I examined the package contents, and
found that a tilde (~) had been added to the end of the stack file's
name, so that it was fileName.mc~.  Of course, deleting the tilde fixed
the problem, but the question is why it appeared in the first place.

The problem is not limited to one machine: I has happened on a dual
processor G5, a flat-panel G4 iMac, and a G4 iBook.

Any thoughts?

	Greg