Remember the NSProgressIndicator OS X?

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Sat Jul 17 08:22:52 EDT 2004

> Re: Remember the NSProgressIndicator OS X?
> 	• 	From: Klaus Major
> 	• 	 Subject: Re: Remember the NSProgressIndicator OS X?
> 	• 	 Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:52:56 -0700
>
> Hi Wouter,
>

> actually it was me who posted this question long ago ;-)

snip

> Wow, dat is heelemal COOL, hartelijk bedankt!!!!!
>

> :-)
>

> Greetings,
> WA
>

> Regards and groetjes
>

> Klaus Major

Tnx to all responders.

A small update with a slightly different approach.
Better simulation, but still no antialiased graphics :-(
Less overhead, only 6 moving lines.
And well within the scriptlimits of "doing" things ( in the runLines
handler :-)

constant cStar = "grc runningStarX"
local aPoints,runState,Cp

on mouseUp
   if runstate  = 0 then set the label of me to "Stop Running"
   else set the label of me to "Start Running"
   if runstate <> 0  then
     stopLines
     exit to top
   end if
   put the right of me + 20,item 2 of the loc of me into CP
   put 9 into runState
   delete var aPoints
   prepArray  13,7
   startLines
   runLines
end mouseUp

on runLines
   if runState <> 0 then
     do aPoints[runstate]
     if runstate = 12 then put 1 into runstate
     else add 1 to runState
     send "runLines" to me in 70 millisecs
   end if
end runLines

on stopLines
   repeat with i = 7 down to 1
     put cStar & i into tStar
     hide tSTar
     wait 50 millisecs
   end repeat
   put 0 into runState
   delete grp "runningStarX"
end stopLines

on startLines
   repeat 2
     put cStar & 7 into tZeroStar
     do aPoints[0]
     put 244 into tC
     set the colors of tZeroStar to tC,tC,tC
     show tZeroStar
     repeat with i = 1 to 6
       put cStar & i into tStar
       do aPoints[runstate]
       subtract 2 from tC
       set the colors of tZeroStar to tC,tC,tC
       if runstate = 12 then put 1 into runstate
       else add 1 to runState
       if not the visible of tStar then show tStar
       wait 70 millisecs
     end repeat
   end repeat
end startLines

on prepArray  tG,tK
   if there is no grp "runningStarX" then goCreateSome
   put item 1 of Cp into tX
   put item 2 of Cp into tY
   put (2 * pi / 12) into sRad
   repeat with i = 1 to 12
     put trunc(tG * cos (sRad * i)) + tX into a
     put trunc(tG * sin (sRad * i)) + tY into b
     put trunc(tK * cos (sRad * i)) + tX into c
     put trunc(tK * sin (sRad * i)) + tY into d
     put quote & a,b & quote && "& cr &" & quote& c,d & quote into
aTemp[i]
   end repeat
   repeat with j = 1 to 12
     repeat with i = 1 to 6
       put cStar & i into tStar
       put j - i  + 1 into x
       if x <= 0 then add 12 to x
       put "set the points of" && the name of tStar && "to" && aTemp[x]
after  aPoints[j]
     end repeat
     if j <> 1 then put  "& cr & cr &" & aTemp[j]   after aTemp[0]
     else put aTemp[j]   after aTemp[0]
   end repeat
   put cStar& "7" into tStar
   put "set the points of" && the name of tStar && "to" && aTemp[0]  &
cr  into aPoints[0]
end prepArray

on goCreateSome
   put 220 into tC
   repeat with i = 7 down to 1
     put tC,tC,tC into tColors[i]
     subtract 20 from tC
   end repeat
   repeat with i = 7 down to 1
     put cStar&i into tStar
     do "create invisible" && tStar
     set the style of tStar to polygon
     set the linesize of tStar to 2
     set the colors of tStar to tColors[i]
     put the name of tStar && "and "  after tList
   end repeat
   delete last word of tList
   do "group" && tList
   set the name of last grp to "runningStarX"
   choose browse tool
end goCreateSome

Greetings,
WA