Setting explicitVariables

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Wed Jul 14 22:11:54 EDT 2004

At 7:08 PM +0100 7/14/04, Alex Tweedly wrote:
>>Actually, Alex, Mark should have said "upcoming version" of the script
>So - is there any way to set it today, other than the (apparently unsupported)
>"set explicitVariables to true" method I used before ?
>Or is that method expected to be OK in 2.2, and only becomes
>inadvisable in next release ?

The explicitVariables is unsupported in the IDE (has been since 1.0,
actually) in the sense that most of the Transcript code that drives
the IDE isn't "explicitVariables clean". So turning on the property
while in the IDE will cause error messages if an IDE script gets
compiled while it's on.

On the other hand, if you're in a standalone, or working with the
development environment turned off, no problem.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com