Arrays in Rev (long)

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Tue Jul 13 00:24:42 EDT 2004

On Jul 13, 2004, at 12:08 AM, Troy Rollins wrote:

> But then, here is something interesting, based on an adaptation of
> your benchmark script (note that the array even uses a slower repeat
> structure.) -

Even more interesting, addressing the keys of the array by string name
rather than integer key location, doesn't increase the time appreciably
(then again, I imagine even the element location is a string in
Transcript.) -

Props: 281
Vars: 13
Array: 153 Keys: 10000

-------------------------------
on mouseUp
   put 10000 into N
   --
   put the millisecs into s
   repeat n

   --
   put the millisecs into s
   repeat n

   put "Props: "&s1 &cr& "Vars: "& s2 &CR& "Array: " & s3 && "Keys: " &
tKeyNum
end mouseUp
--
Troy