Communication with USB HID devices?

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Fri Jul 9 18:32:09 EDT 2004

Thanks for the effort. So far, no cigar.

I ran the script and it returned empty.

I haven't succeeded in opening or even copying "/dev/cu.modem" (my only 'cu'
file) yet - it hangs things up when I try. (I tried copying it to Desktop
via Terminal and via Rev 'shell' command. I also tried Rev 'put url' into
fld, but it hung.)

Other thoughts?

Phil

I have an HID-compliant USB 1.1 device that I want to interact with via a
Rev stack. The device has no custom driver - it relies on the HID driver
included with the operating system.

The device enumerates correctly when plugged in, so the OS recognizes it;
but Rev can't see the driver (it doesn't list it in 'the driverNames' on
OSX), so I don't know how to use Rev to communicate with it.

Any suggestions? Observations? Guesses?