Shell $PATH problems

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Jul 9 11:39:23 EDT 2004

On Jul 9, 2004, at 1:34 AM, Kaveh Bazargan wrote:

> I am a Unix newbie, so answer may be obvious. Where does the last
> command
> get its path from? Does it not read from the same .bashrc,
> .bash_profile,
> etc?

This depends on the shell.  Function shell() and Terminal need not be
using the same shell.  Terminal uses bash, but you can change that in
preferences.  I think the shell for shell() changed recently for OS X.
You can set the shellCommand property to determine the shell that the
shell() function uses.  On my Rev 2.2 on OS X the shellCommand is
"/bin/sh".

Dar Scott