CNC software by Rev

Bruce Robertson bfr at nwlink.com
Fri Jul 9 10:43:04 EDT 2004

> Hi Tom.  You are well into an area I would like to go one day.  I have
> been looking at controlling a panorama head for photo work.  I am very
> interested in what you are doing with telescopes as well.
>
> My short research so far leads me to want to investigate using the
> printer port, feeding the signals through a black box (with circuit
> board) and then to the particular units I wish to control. Although
> adding another hardware component to the path this might simplify the
> Rev work.

Note that Smile (the applescript programming toolset) has serial
communication built in. The whole reason Smile exists is to do machine
vision systems, process control, and data display. The fact that we all get
a free editor and scientific graphing utility out of it is merely a side
effect of Satimage's main business.