scripting simultaneity

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Thu Jul 8 22:47:18 EDT 2004

I think you need to use a send in time message. Basically, each gif
will have a goToNextFrame hander which will advance to the next frame
or back to frame 1 of it is at the end. Then you can use a line like:
   send "goToNextFrame" to img "Gif A" in gSpeedA ticks (or milliseconds)
were gSpeedA is a global variable that contains the current speed
setting for gif A.

Your start button will set both gSpeedA & gSpeedB to the initial time
between frames.

In each image's script (written in pseudo-code, you'll have to convert
it into proper Transcript):

Gif A:
on goToNextFrame
   set the frame counter to the next frame (or back to 1)
   increment gSpeedA until it reaches your stopping time
   send "goToNextFrame" to me in gSpeedA ticks unless it has reached the
stop time
end goToNextFrame

Gif B:
on goToNextFrame
   set the frame counter to the next frame (or back to 1)
   increment gSpeedB if gSpeedA is at the stopping time
   send "goToNextFrame" to me in gSpeedB ticks unless it has reached the
stop time
end goToNextFrame

Cheers,
Sarah