armedIcon behavior

John Rule johnrule at rcsprogramming.com
Thu Jul 8 21:23:03 EDT 2004

I've been messing with the armedIcon setting, and it doesn't seem logical.
My expectations are that I can simply have an image show when the mouse is
over the button. I had several unexpected (and fairly annoying) results:

- It didn't actually do anything until I had 'autoArm' and 'traversal' set
to 'true'.

- It automatically triggered the 'mouseDown' script.

- 'Resuming' the stack automatically arms (and triggers) the last button
that had the focus. This was really annoying!

Is this the correct behavior? All I wanted to do was create a
'rollover'...maybe I will switch to a simple 'mouseEnter/Leave' routine of
my own.

I also had a difficult time with the documentation...there was nothing that
stated that I needed the traversal on. The docs should be more complete when
describing a feature by including all related settings to get it to work.

Thanks,
JR