Is RevNet broke?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jul 8 13:35:26 EDT 2004

Jim Lyons wrote:

> The last few times I've tried to get RevNet this is what happens:
>
> 1. After pressing the button in GoRevNet (using Rev 2.2.1 on Mac OS
> 10.3) the download of 132K proceeds normally.
>
> 2. The RevNet stack comes up and looks normal. The first card contents
> are all there. The bottom says, "RevNet 2.0.3, Saturday, April 24, 2004
> ... Go_RevNet 2.0, Tuesday, December 31, 2002."
>
> 3. Only the nav links to the Front Page, News, Update, and About RevNet
> work correctly. That is, the content changes and the link stays hilited.
> The other links seem to show new content, but it is incomplete, and the
> nav link that was last hilited (one of the above four) stays hilited.
> For example, the stacks link goes to the Stacks card, but the fields are
> empty. The Feedback link does not go to another card
>
> 4. Curiously, the Update card says "Currently Installed: Go_RevNet 2.0"
> and "Available Online: Go_RevNet 1.0.3", both with the identical date
> and time.

Do you know that the version of the RevNet plugin on my server is
different from the one bundled with Rev?  It hasn't changed in quite
some time.

> I had this trouble (months ago?) and thought it to be a temporary
> problem, and I seem to recall trying it later and having it work.
> Anyway, it's broke for me now. I think this is a great resource (thanks
> Richard!) and hope it continues to develop and grow with Rev, and us.

I've not had a report on this earlier, but appreciate your bringing this
to my attention and will look into it.

Item 4 is likely fine, but items 1 through 3 sound like the backscript
if being purged by something other than RevNet itself.

There have been conflicts with other settings which affect backscripts,
and I'm in the process of a redesign to accomodate such behaviors in
other components.

Going forward please send any bug reports to me directly so I can
address them most quickly.

Also, these backcript-purging behaviors are difficult to reproduce
(neither Jacque nor I could do so a few months ago, and the problem
mysteriously disappeared not long after), so it would be useful if you
could send me an email with some info that might help me reproduce it:

- Rev version
- OS version
- a list of plugins currently installed

Thanks in advance -