anyone here implemented common CS data structures... (stack, queue...)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jul 8 01:13:49 EDT 2004

On Jul 7, 2004, at 10:34 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> did anyone here, by chance, implemented common data strucutres like
> stacks and queues, like  stacks with first in last out behaviour and
> first in first out behaviour... I want to use Stacks, Queues and
> Graphs (we call them graphs here in brazil, it's a node based
> structure where nodes can point to multiple nodes, like a network,
> many path finding algorithms in it.. don't know if they are called
> graphs in english).

Yes, graphs.

You are the expert in using the boxes library I made.  That should be
good for stacks and queues.

If you don't use boxes or you want graphs, consider some scheme using
arrays.

One cool thing about arrays is that it can contain a sequence of
numeric keys and contain a few auxiliary keys.  For example a queue
might contain keys "Start" and "End" which contain the keys for the
start and end.  That queue might also have keys for those and all
integers in between.

Dar Scott