Virtual card height?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Wed Jul 7 15:48:28 EDT 2004

At 11:06 AM -0400 7/7/2004, Troy Rollins wrote:
>In the property inspector for cards, the option is there to add to
>virtual height, and add to virtual width.
>
>What exactly does this do? And how is it used?

It's so that you can use the geometry manager with "off-the-card"
objects without having them crunched into the actual card. It causes
the Geometry Manager to assume the card is the virtual size when
scaling (and, I think, positioning).

I think Kevin intended this for use in situations like the Animation
Manager window, where there's a "fold-up" arrow that actually changes
the size of the card. In the folded state, the geometry manager might
mess up the controls (scaling them too small to fit the smaller
window size, etc.). By instead using a virtual width and height the
same size as the unfolded window, you ensure that the scaling works
the same way regardless of the window's folded or unfolded state.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com