ANN: Export Vector to Adobe Illustrator

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Tue Jul 6 11:35:12 EDT 2004

Alejandro Tejada wrote:

>In MetaCard, i don't see a graphic of type line.
>
>Maybe it's the same polygonal graphic as the
>graphic of type curve...
>If that it's the case the you had to add the
>following lines after the case for the "curve"
>graphic type:
>
>case "line"
>set the style of control i to "polygon"
>
>Notice: Do not put a break statement here, because
>after this control is converted to "polygon",
>it's must be processed by the case "polygon" code...

Al,

A better solution is:

case "line"
set the style of control i to "curve"

As Richard noted, there is a problem with horizontal or vertical
lines. There is no such problem with the "Freehand curve" style.

Another point. I noticed that if I gave a graphic a name, it was
ignored in the conversion to Illustrator. The fix I tried was to
change the line:

	if the short name of control i contains "graphic"

to:

	If the name of control i contains "graphic"

In this way a graphic with a "short name" of

	"myName"

will have a "name" of

	graphic "myName"

and so will be included in the conversion.

Also,. the is one polygon graphic with an extravagant fill. The fill
doesn't translate to Illustrator. I didn't really expect it to, but
is suppose to?

Jim