Some strange Rev parsing problem?

Doug Lerner doug at webcrossing.com
Thu Jan 29 18:31:18 EST 2004

On 1/30/04 4:55 AM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> On 1/29/04 6:47 AM, Doug Lerner wrote:
>
>> I get "Chunk: can't find object" errors if I try:
>>
>> set the textStyle of word 1 of the last line of field "chatField" to bold
>>
>> But since you said yours worked I tried:
>>
>> set the textStyle of word 1 of line 4 of field "chatField" to bold
>>
>> and that did work.
>>
>> So it seems there is a Rev parsing bug involving "the last line" in my first
>> attempt.
>
> Don't think so, because that also works fine for me here. You might want
> to make sure that the last line of your field doesn't contain invisible
> or non-printing characters (such as option-space or tabs). When bolded,
> those won't show up.

No, nothing like that there. That particular "last line" variation simply
does not work for me. However, I *can*

put word 1 of the last line of field "chatField"

and see the first word.

That's why it seems like a parsing error for the

set the textStyle of word 1 of the last line of field "chatField" to bold

variation.

doug