geometry-challenged

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Sun Jan 25 19:22:13 EST 2004

sez jhurley at infostations.com:
> I'm not sure if this helps, but the function "intersection" below
> will return the intersection of any two lines.
   I tried the function on two *non*-intersecting lines, and it gave me a "divide by zero" error. Not good. You need to find the mathematical intersection of the infinite lines defined by the two pairs of endpoints, and *then* decide whether or not that intersection point is within *both* of the line *segments* defined by said points.