Standalone won't launch under OSX

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Fri Jan 23 12:01:38 EST 2004

On Friday, January 23, 2004, at 12:46  AM, sims wrote:

> Were they .sit compressed files?
> I've had some reports like this with apps compressed with DropStuff.
> This was cured by upgrading
>  DropStuff and in some cases people might need to upgrade their
> StuffitExpander.

Ah, you may have hit upon it. I've been using Stuffit V8.0. Just found
this on the Stuffit web site:

"StuffIt Expander 8.0 caused a problem whereby applications would not
run if they were expanded from archive formats that do not preserve
UNIX file permissions."

I'm upgrading to Stuffit 8.02 (DropStuff), so I don't know for certain
if this will cure the problem without the end user also upgrading, but
I can test it with one of my users.

Thanks!

Regards,

Howard Bornstein