the "true" top of a window?

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 06:30:03 EST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:38:40 +0900,  Doug Lerner <doug at webcrossing.com> wrote:

>The top of a stack doesn't include the height of the title bar for that
>window. How do I find the *real* top of the stack?

This was discussed in the list around 22 Sept 03 under the subject
'Leaving room for the title bar'. It may also be of interest that the
other decorations in the window (the sides and the bottom) also take
away pixels from the available space within it - I think this was
also discussed. Anyway I incorporated the results of this in an app
which has since been tested pretty hard by a profeesional, so I think
it works. Basically if it's Windows the user can reset the height of
the bar (and other decorations) so you have to query the Registry; on
the Mac there appear to be standard heights. If you want to see my
script on all this I will gladly send it to you.

Graham