Conference Help stack...

shishilite at hotpop.com shishilite at hotpop.com
Thu Jan 22 20:32:48 EST 2004

Just a note to all Rev users who are interested in using Rev CGI on Linux:

1. revxml is currently *not* supported in Rev CGI Linux engine. I have
tested this on a number of Linux servers running Red Hat 9.0 with the latest
Linux CGI engine that can be found on the RR public FTP server.

2. revdb/libmysql is currently *not* supported in Rev CGI Linux Engine. This
has been tested on Linux servers with RH 9.0 and MySQL 4.0.15.

I downloaded Monte's LibCGI and the following was mentioned in the Intro to
RevCGI:

----
With the purchase of Metacard by RunRev, Revolution now has database
functionality built into the CGI engine.

According to Tuviah:

"Everything is supported, revdb and revxml. The embedded engine library is
indeed used for now, and now since RR has aquired MC you can look forward
to an english flexible syntax being integrated into the engine."
----

However, based on my experience, this is not the case for the Linux engine.

Shishi