Porting from MacOSX to Windows

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jan 21 18:04:43 EST 2004

Chipp Walters wrote:

>> 1) my .jpg file code was picking up the ._xxx.jpg versions that get
>> created when copying jpg files from Mac to Windows and displaying them
>> with empty images, and
>
> I think that's a Mac issue, not a Windows issue. Windows will look for any
> file ending in .jpg when you filter for .jpg

It's an OS X issue, and it's annoying.  Whenever you copy files from OS X to
a Win volume it copies these metadata files.  I hope it can be turned off
but I haven't discovered how.

I usually build installers on Win so it doesn't affect my build process as
much as it just clutters my work space.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation