shell() hangs when OSX requires authentification popup

rgould8 at aol.com rgould8 at aol.com
Sat Jan 17 03:14:09 EST 2004

I've been using the Shell() command quite a lot for a number of unix tasks that I need to do in my app.  It works great, except in one case.  It appears that if I launch a shell() call to a unix command and that unix command requires Mac OS X authentification (which spawns a popup asking for username/password), Revolution hangs after the popup is dismissed.

Can anyone think of a way around this?  I'm positive that it's the authentification popup that's the issue (I can even hit CANCEL on the popup and Rev will still hang)  It's like the shell() command losses control at that point and the popup never gives it back to the Rev process or something.