use-revolution Digest, Vol 4, Issue 86

JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au
Fri Jan 16 21:32:21 EST 2004

No, I haven't forgotten to change the Subject line...
Has anyone else been getting use-revolution Digest, Vol 4, Issue 86 over
and over again?
I stopped counting after 25 copies. I think it has something to do with
message #3, which begins:

> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:33:33 -0700
> From: Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com>
> Subject: Re: text encoding gotcha?
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> This appears to be related to the other bug I posted about recently:
> trouble after copy-pasting from Excel. Why the heck is Revolution
> accepting wide and or control characters when I paste into the IDE?
> This is bad. I am supposed to deliver an app today (yesterday actually)
> and instead I have to manually go through and reset the content of
> many, many fields.
>
> Here is some debugging from the message box to show how bizarre this is.
>
>  > put fld 4

It goes on like that for ages, and then the Digest stops (reaches some
invisible barrier I guess).

I want to know if it's something that is happening to others (in which
case the RunRev team need to do something) or not (in which case I'll have
to ask our IT Dept to do something).
Maybe everyone was distracted by Sadhaka Tejadevanatha's  auto-responder
:-).

Regards,

Jonathan Cooper
Manager of Information / Website
Art Gallery of New South Wales
Sydney, Australia
http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au

This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information which may be confidential.  If you are not the intended
recipient please advise the sender by return email, do not use or disclose
the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your system.
 Unless specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal
advice or commitment by the sender or the Art Gallery of NSW  (ABN 24 934
492 575) or its related entities.