Field settings

David Squance squance at elkvalley.net
Thu Jan 15 23:21:48 EST 2004

>At 12:39 pm -0700 15/1/04, David Squance wrote:
>>How can I find out what invisible settings a particular field has?  I have
>>6 fields on a card which should have identical settings (except for
>>location and text content).  Looking through the Object inspector, there
>>appears to be no difference, yet I can get a text editing cursor(blinking
>>vertical line) in 3 of the fields, but not in the others.  Locking the
>>fields and then unlocking them made no difference.
>>Thanks,
>>Dave
>
>Are any of these fields overlapping, among themselves or other
>objects?  That can cause the blinking cursor not to show.
>
>Cheers
>Dave

No.  I'm able to drag in all the fields, and highlight text.

and from Richard:

>> How can I find out what invisible settings a particular field has?

>See 4W Props in RevNet.

I got to a suggestion from Sarah to someone else first and used the
SmartProperties plugin.  I don't know what altld is, but the fields are all
different, anyhow.  The only differences appear to be quite innocuous, like
the layer, content, id, name and rect.  The textheight was different on
some, so I made them all the same, but it made no difference.
Still stumped.
Dave