Windows ODBC

Bob Taylor bob at bignewfs.com
Sun Jan 11 12:39:32 EST 2004

I am using Runtime Revolution on Windows XP Professional and am unable to successfully connect to either Firebird or MS Access via ODBC.

Using the Microsoft Access 2003 ODBC driver I can get as far as connecting within the "Database Query Builder", but when I go to the "Record Set" table there aren't any tables in the "Table" drop-down.  Note that I CAN successfully use this ODBC Driver within other programs, such as R:Base.

Using the Firebird ODBC driver my results are identical.  I can establish a connection with the "Database Query Builder" but cannot get any tables to appear within the "Record Set Table" drop-down.  Once again, I can successfully use this ODBC Driver within other programs, such as MS Access 2003.

Using the Gemini ODBC driver for Interbase/Firebird my results are a bit different.  With this driver I can establish a connection and I do see tables listed in the "Record Set Table" drop-down.  However, my results at this point vary.  For tables that contain a certain configuration of columns (I haven't locked down the pattern yet) RunRev will GPF and terminate as soon as I select a table from the list.  For other tables I can successfully select a table - resulting in the creation of a select statement in the "SQL Query" edit field.  However, for these tables as soon as I attempt to bind the table to a field in card RunRev will again GPF and terminate.

Can someone please shed some light on this for me?

Am I doing something incorrectly or is this a bug?

Thanks

Bob