[ANN] libEmail v1.00 and libSmtp v2.00

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jan 13 04:32:47 EST 2004

> Well after many months of sitting around and doing nothing, I'm finally
> releasing the next version of libSmtp and it's new companion library -
> libEmail!
>
> libSmtp has been re-written and all of the email encoding features that
> were found in the previous versions have all been off-loaded to
> libEmail.
>
> What's new in libSmtp v2
> - almost 100% re-written
> - more robust error handling
> - everything should be "threaded" (wait with messages)
> - better smtp authentication support and handling
>
> libEmail v1.0.0 is a new library featuring all the great features found
> in the old libSmtp library, but with much better support. All the code
> has been sifted through and re-written in many places. Support for
> unicode in headers and message body parts was added in.

Thanks Shao - your efforts are much appreciated. Just one minor quibble
with the help docs for libSmtp - the last two menu items on the Help
stack are disabled (at least on Mac OSX). Adding an escape -- \ --
before the left bracket character  on each does the trick.

Cheers,

Terry...

Dr Terry Judd
Lecturer in Educational Technology (Design)
Biomedical Multimedia Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne
Parkville VIC 3052
AUSTRALIA