Recurring Dates Script

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Sun Jan 11 17:21:01 EST 2004

Hi Jim,

I don't know exactly what sort of recurring dates you are planning, but
you will find that using the dateItems format works really well for
date calculations:

Try something like this:
put the seconds into theDate
convert theDate to dateItems
-- 2004,1,12,8,16,46,2
-- see the docs for dateItems to check what each item is.

Now you can edit any of these items WITHOUT having to worry about
whether it results in a correct date. When you convert it back, the
engine will make it into a real date.

add 18 to item 2 of theDate      -- item 2 = month, so move 18 months
forward
-- 2004,19,12,8,18,26,2
convert theDate to long date
-- Tuesday, July 12, 2005