Converting Hexadecimal in Binary

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Jan 11 15:55:51 EST 2004

On Sunday, January 11, 2004, at 11:15 AM, Dar Scott wrote:

> put binaryDecode( formatsList, binaryData, datum1, datum2, datum3)
> into numConverted

> put binaryEncode( formatsList, datum1, datum2, datum3) into binaryData

Here is another way to remember:

The binaryDecode() function is somewhat like matchText():
put matchText( textData, regex, datum1, datum2, datum3 ) into validMatch

The binaryEncode() function is somewhat like format():
put format( formatString, datum1, datum2, datum3 ) into textData

I think I made a mistake earlier; it must be binaryDecode() and
matchText() that need the variables to already exist.  (Perhaps a
reasonable enhancement would be to make the compiler create these if
they do not exist.)

Dar Scott