Converting Hexadecimal in Binary

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Jan 11 12:56:18 EST 2004

On Saturday, January 10, 2004, at 08:46 PM, Ken Ray wrote:

>> This is 400% faster than original!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Actually, I got a MUCH greater time savings, Alejandro...

The problem might be that putting the data into the field is inside the
timing test.  That adds an offset to the timing.  If that is put
outside the timing bracket, we should see even greater results.  Also,
we should see different results on different platforms.

How does this look with just the computation and without putting the
value into the field?

Dar Scott