problems pasting text into the IDE (mac os x)

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Sat Jan 10 06:42:30 EST 2004

On 10 Jan 2004, at 11:17, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Message: 7
> Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 20:59:31 -0700
> From: Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com>
> Subject: problems pasting text into the IDE (mac os x)
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> I work in MS Excel extensively, copy pasting text between it and
> Revolution.
>
> I experience problems with the Rev IDE when I copy-paste text from MS
> Excel into the IDE, on OS X. Like:
>
> - script won't compile
> - find and replace dialog won't find correctly
> - answer dialog won't properly display text stored in a custom property

snip

> Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
> <http://mindlube.com>

Hi Alex,

The problem can be caused by some < numtochar(0) > characters left in
the text by any text editor. May be there are others, but this is the
one
I could catch.
In the script editor you can produce the same effect :
    produce a little handler which will "apply"
    type for example a circumflex or umlaut followed by a tab
    then delete the character produced by this
    and try to "apply" again
    if done "correctly" it will throw the error

then copy the text of the script into a fld
and run the following handler:

on mouseUp
   get fld "test"
   repeat  for each char i in it