dotted lines in windows around back layer button

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Jan 8 22:58:50 EST 2004

On Jan 8, 2004, at 7:48 PM, Thomas J McGrath III wrote:

> Sarah,
>
> Thank you. Why does it not work on the Mac then??? I just went to the
> windows app and tabbed and entered and yes they are acting like
> keyboard controlled buttons. But when I open the Mac version tab does
> nothing and enter does nothing and also the buttons don't appear to be
> highlighted or dotted lined?????
>
> Is it just a Windows thing?
> Or does something else control the Mac acting this way.
>
> It is distracting but now I need to decide whether to turn it off or
> not (now that I know what it is thanks to you).
> I can explain it to the users as keyboard control BUT then I need it
> to work on the Mac as well.
>
> How do I do that?

For Mac OS X you can turn on full keyboard navigation in the System
Preferences.  In OS X.3 it is under Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard
Shortcuts -> Turn on full keyboard access.  I use this all of the time
for navigating dialog boxes.  I haven't ever tested it with Rev apps
though.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia