Rev Crash Again! ... cardImage() function

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jan 8 11:18:13 EST 2004

On Thursday, January 8, 2004, at 06:47 AM, Wouter wrote:

> After a clean install of rev with no plugins, the code works as long
> as the referenced imagepixmap exists in memory.
> This means one can reference hidden stacks. Otherwise no error is
> thrown and rev crashes.

I don't understand what you mean by "referenced imagepixmap exists in
memory".  The created image object is ephemeral and would have to exist
in memory.

Do you mean the stack?  I would guess that getting the picture of a
card in a stack that is not open with this method would involve making
it temporarily the current card and then going back, all invisibly.  Is
there something in this that conflicts with the function?

> In metacard the code works only  if the own pixMapID is referenced.
> Referencing other stacks crashes metacard irrevocably.

I'm not sure what you mean by "own pixMapID".

Maybe what is fishy is something in going to a foreign card and back.

Are you saying they crash in different ways or in different conditions?

Dar Scott