Clearing an Image object?

Doug Lerner doug at webcrossing.com
Wed Jan 7 03:00:00 EST 2004

On 1/7/04 4:25 PM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> Doug Lerner wrote:

>>> I don't understand:  if you have a tool palette for changing tools why do
>>> you need to respond to the mouse position?
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> Well, in my first experiment, I was doing this all on one stack - there is a
>> pop-up to select the tool.
>
> Painting is constrained is an image object already exists.  What is it
> you're looking to do?

When I leave the image object, just below it is a pop-up button to select
the next paint tool.

If I do

on mouseLeave
  choose browse tool
end mouseLeave

then when I leave the paint area the tool correctly turns into the browse
tool (though it shouldn't according to the docs, because supposedly the
mouseLeave message is not sent unless it already is the browse tool).

But then when I leave the pop-up the handler gets invoked again so instead
of my selected tool it turns back into the browse tool again.

So I need to maybe figure out *what* I just left, for example...

doug