too many emails in mail osx

Deivy Petrescu runrev at dicas.com
Tue Jan 6 16:35:10 EST 2004

At 3:58 PM -0500 1/6/04, Thomas J McGrath III wrote:
>Help,
>
>I have way too many emails now in OSX Mail. Does
>anyone know of an archiving application for OSX
>for Mail?
>
>I have almost 5000 emails and I do like to
>search them for answers to scripting problems.
>
>Tom

Tom, go to  Mail folder in your (or whatever user
you want to do this) and select whatever of your
mailboxes you want to work with. Say for the sake
of this example you runrev account.
Open the folder POP-runrev at dicas.com.
Control-click on the INBOX.mbox and select show packages content.
The mbox file you see in the new "Finder" window
is a text file with all your messages. It can be
opened with TextEdit.
Do whatever you want with it.

Actually, Eudora and Mail use text files than can
be open by any application. A big plus when
talking about proprietary technologies.
--
Regards
Saudações