Another newbie Mac Question...

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Mon Jan 5 18:57:59 EST 2004

In a message dated 1/5/04 10:29:34 AM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com writes:

>Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 03:23:11 -0600
>From: Chipp Walters <chipp at chipp.com>
>Subject: Another newbie Mac Question...
>To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>I'm sure I'm missing something, but I've looked in the docs...
>
>How can I do:
>
>answer file "Please choose a PNG file" with filter "PNGs,*.png"
>on the Mac? It certainly won't let me choose a .png file that way.
>I've also tried:
>answer file with filter "PING" as sheet...I get a fancy display but no
>better result :-)
   That filter thing should work better on the Mac side if you know the "type
code" of the files you're tryna filter for. You can use Sherlock in MacOS
9/Classic to find out this stuff.
   One: Bring up Sherlock with cmd-F.
   Two: Click on the "Edit" button to the immediate right of the "Custom"
popup menu. THis brings up the "More Search Options" window.
   Three: Drag a file of the appropriate type onto the "More Search Options"
window. Many of the options you see in that window will automatically update
themselves, showing you those particular characteristics of the file --
including the file's "type code".

   Unfortunately, this won't fully work under OS X; when you do it under X,
the type code won't automatically update. Oh, well.

   Hope this helps...