spontaneously resizing fields

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Sat Jan 3 19:13:14 EST 2004

On 03 Jan 2004, at 22:43, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Message: 6
> Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 12:41:15 -0700
> From: Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com>
> Subject: Re: spontaneously resizing fields
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>

> On Jan 3, 2004, at 3:37 AM, Wouter wrote:
>
>>  And this one using the traversalOn property instead of the
>> showFocusBorder?
>> Works for me ( both rev and mc) with the select empty :
>
> OK thanks- this one works for me - no resizing occurs.
>
> But it's a lot less usable because the user sees no focus border.
> It also confirms my suspicion all this problem is caused by the
> rendering of the focusborder, somehow.

That's strange. Over here it is working as it should, showing the
focusborder when the text is selected.
Did you reset the showFocusBorder to its true state after experimenting?
Or do you have somewhere  inside a frontscript a piece of code that
traps a command and/or shift combination  before your card script gets
the attention? Just a couple of thoughts.

I ran a little test with the following inserted into the frontscripts:

on commandkeydown somekey
   set the showFocusBorder of fld 1 to not the showFocusBorder of fld 1
   pass commandkeydown
end commandkeydown

And guess what... it actually shrinks the field when doing your
discipline
  of the cmd-shift-a.
When replacing the updateUI part with your original routine
it counteracts the growing effect. But this is not a nice hack.

Greetings,
WA