LZW compression

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 2 21:58:00 EST 2004

on Fri, 02 Jan 2004
jbv wrote:

> Is LZW compression implemented in Rev ?
> AFAIR the compress() function uses only gzip...
>
> If it's not implemented, I'm wondering if it's
> worth implementing it in Transcript or via an
> external...
> This kind of compression could be more than
> useful in a PDf library.

Actually, Gzip is really the same FlateEncode that
PDF accepts too. So, maybe you could skip
the use of LZW.

I'm sure that PDF understand JPEG compression too.

There is another compression that Revolution
supports that could be used in pdf files.
Maybe is base64 encode, but I'm not completely sure.

al

=====
Visit my site:
http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/