Dual port video card

Thomas J McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Thu Jan 1 13:44:29 EST 2004

Hello,

Although I don't know the answer off hand, I do have some info and a
possible solution.

The second monitor is actually showing a section of the Whole screen
space. So if I open a stack and set it's location to an off-screen
location, then it is not visible on/in the main screen area. However it
is or would be available/visible if a second monitor is set to the same
location as it's position.
I have used software that allows the second monitor to be on the left
of the main screen or to mirror or on the right or on top etc.
The actual working space is much much larger than what you see in your
main monitor's window space. I think it is at least six or seven times
as large. Someone can correct me on that but I think it is somewhere
around 32000 pixels wide and the largest screen res I have seen is
around 1500.
How does this help you? well if you look for the screen location of
that screen then you don't need to know it's name or driver or anything
and you can just set the loc of the substacks to a loc that is visible
in that other monitors screen space. Of course the normal way to do
that would require knowing what the name etc of that monitor is to set
the stacks loc to it.
But, if the monitor is within your control than you could experiment
with screen locs until you found the right position and avoid the
name/driver issue completely.

This doesn't explain how to find the loc of the other monitor but I
think the default is the screen loc of monitor one divided by two plus
the screen loc of monitor two divided by two would give you the
distance from the first stacks loc. Also, I think the default position
is on the right side of the main monitor unless the user changes it.

Hope this helps a little

Tom