Cross-Platformability

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 27 14:47:41 EST 2004

The other neat thing I found recently is that if your only standalone
is a simple central hub or splash screen that then runs a series of
non-standalone stack files you really only have to use distribution
builder once and can do virtually all your work on your platform of
choice.

Now that my central hub works as desired, I just create the rest of my
stack files on the Mac and transport them to PC when they are
completely done--and I need to make the minor cosmetic changes which
will fix minor differences in text display, etc between platforms.
Neat!  I HAD been compiling (making standalone) and porting multiple
times and t'was a real nuisance.  Now I just give the central hub to my
users and update only the affected non-standalone stacks.