Printing problem

David Squance squance at elkvalley.net
Thu Feb 26 20:15:52 EST 2004

>On 2/25/04 11:43 PM, David Squance wrote:
>>
>> Well, I remembered a short while ago seeing in the docs that an area of a
>> card can be specified for printing, eg 0,0 to 500,300 (or the mouseloc, in
>> their example).  So I dumped the mask button and tried that.  No joy.  Any
>> more suggestions gratefully received.
>
>Have you tried isolating the problem to see if it is the printer driver
>or actually the stack? I guess the next thing I'd try is to print to a
>PDF file. If that works, then it would be the print driver causing the
>hang.
>
>You'll have to show the print dialog to print to PDF, if your scipt
>isn't doing that already.
>
>How about other stacks? Can you print from one of those okay?

I tried printing a card from the previous project [the one you'd helped me
with the cloning problem] and had the same problem.  This is a recent
problem.  I printed successfully from both projects until a couple of days
ago.  I haven't tested printing with another printer or on a different
computer/platform since the hang up probem started.  I don't know how to
set things to print to a pdf file.  My printer driver (all I get with the
'answer printer' command) has very little control. (It's an Epson 740i and
I can't even select black and white).  The page setup only appears to be
available when printing fields.  Printing cards is not mentioned in the
docs under 'revShowPrintDialog'.  I don't have any problem printing from
other apps, though most of them are classic, and the dialog is much better
(IMHO).
Dave