disabled buttons

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Thu Feb 26 08:32:27 EST 2004

Ken yeah that's what I did last time in SC. So I will do it again.

But for this project a disabled button does not do what a non-disabled
button would do BUT if a user hits a disabled button it 'resets' the
system of which buttons are available. I should use the term available
and non-available (since disabled in rev means dead) whereas my
non-available buttons still have life in them ie. they reset the
system.

You see it is the nature of sequenced buttons that on a third hit of a
sequence you decided to back out of the sequence you can just hit a
non-available button to reset the system to be ready for a first hit
again.

Since I am combining two buttons in a group to get the look and feel I
need I am thinking of adding a third invisible image to the group that
when the icon is unavailable the image will trap the message.

Did you look at my buttons example?
put this in the message box:

go URL "http://users.adelphia.net/~3mcgrath/Buttons.rev"

This shows the button without a disabled state/ unavailable state. Each
will be  built via script and would show different icons.

Thanks
Tom

On Feb 26, 2004, at 2:30 AM, Ken Norris wrote:

> I'm having difficulty making any sense of why a user would expect a
> disabled
> button to do anything, but you could put a mouseUp handler in the card
> instead of the button and spec it thus:

Thomas J. McGrath III
SCS
1000 Killarney Dr.