Important question regarding next major Rev version

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Feb 26 02:00:17 EST 2004

> Oh yes - the question. So here's the question:
>
> Will the upcoming release of rev take care of *ALL* of these
> issues???????? Really??? On all platforms including Windows??

Wow! Nice rant!

While I understand your frustration (particularly with regard to native XP
look and feel) we all need to make decisions everyday about how we are going
to apply our limited resources. For what it's worth I think RunRev have made
a wise decision to focus on compenting with RealBasic and SuperCard as they
build their company up. To pump money into trying to break into the Visual
Basic market could break them if they tried it too early. I don't think any
of us want that???

PS I don't know if you have had much experience on Windows XP but it's a
themed OS. That means when RunRev states (as they have publicly) that they
will have Windows XP theme support that we are getting native look and feel
for Windows.

PPS It would certainly be great for us all if RunRev spoke openly about it's
development plans. Unfortunately it would also be great for their
competitors. It's hard to try and be in front of the pack when everyone
knows what your planning and can race you there.

Cheers

Monte