custom buttons

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Thu Feb 26 01:44:21 EST 2004

Howdy,

> Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:26:57 -0600
> From: "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
> Subject: Re: custom buttons

> The usual way to do this is to create the entire button as an image in a
> graphics program. Include the actual button shape itself, as well as its
> "icon," as a single image. Make two of these, one for the "up" state and
> another for the "down" state. Then create a transparent button and set
> its icon to the "up" state image, and its hilitedicon to the "down"
> state image.
>
> You get all the button behaviors and messages automatically, but the
> user sees only the icon, which looks like a button.
Right. I did it for three states (up, down, and armed), never bothered to
make it transparent or anything. I just made three images, just modifying
the original for each of the other two states. Then I just did this:

1) I imported the three images and noted their id's.

2) In my plain vanilla button's Inspector I clicked on "Icons & Border".

2) Set the Icon to the original, the Hilite to the second modified one, and
the Armed to the third one.

It sure ain't rocket science is it? Good rev...Nice Rev...Cool Rev...

Ken N.