Barcode Like scanning technology on flatbed...?

Patten, John John.Patten at sbcusd.k12.ca.us
Mon Feb 23 12:46:29 EST 2004

Hi All!

Has anybody ever did any work with flatbed scanners and barcode reading? It wouldn't have to be a barcode, but some kind of digital signature.

I'm thinking there should be a way to process a jpeg image after being scanned , save the image and then parse out the digital data that represents the area on the scanned document that is the digital signature.  If the signature did not change, like a barcode, then you could use the data that makes up the digital signature as an identifier.

Not sure if this makes sense, I'm not a programmer, but this seems like it should work...??

Are there xcmds or hooks that would allow something like this to work from within Rev?

Thank You!

John Patten
Tech Dept
SBCUSD