Making a 'droplet' application?

Ian Wood ian at azurevision.co.uk
Sun Feb 22 16:53:56 EST 2004

Hi all,

I'm making a workflow app to batch process files.  With the help of the
list archives I've got my head around drag and drop so that a list of
files from the Finder can be dragged into a field, then every item in
the field gets processed-

on dragDrop
	set the text of me to the dragData["files"]
	--call the function that does the processing at this point
end dragDrop

What I would like to do is make this even more transparent by dropping
files onto the app icon, in the same way that you can with AppleScript
droplets.  I can't see anything in the docs or list about this, and am
wondering if it is even possible with Rev 2.1.2.

Workaround- make an AppleScript droplet that takes the list of dropped
files and launches the Rev app, but this is kind of inelegant...

Ian