# actually the short way returns an error / PARENTHESES

Malte Brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Sun Feb 22 03:36:36 EST 2004

hi opie and all,

>GEEZ!!  I did it again!!!

<g> I always say brackets ( is that []? ) when I mean parentheses [ is that
()?]. What is the english name of these <>? If you happen to see me saying
something about brackets it is always possible I mean parentheses and vice
versa... :-(

> In the example I sent, there is a precedence problem.

I was pretty confused about that problem and if I remember correctly 1.1.1
compiled and ran the non parenthesis version.. I might be wrong there.

> P.S. Don't know what kind of graphic that pointer1 is...but...in my
> test, although it compiled correctly with the above...*my* pointer1
> didn't seem to rotate...

Needs to be a regular polygon. (I had to look it up, because it didn´t
rotate here either.)

Best,

Malte