Scrolling a Card?

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Feb 20 15:57:08 EST 2004

Howdy,

I've had the scrolling working since Ken ray posted the steps.

Now I want to simulate a grab (OH, do I ever wish Rev had a 'grab with
message within rect') which scrolls the group, including the scrollbars to
follow it, of course.

It's quite convoluted, because it needs to:

1) Work within scroll bounds (4 scroll coordinates).

2) Work backwards from a normal grab routine because of the way the scroll
works.

3) Switch cursors.

4) Work only while the mouse is down.

Where might a set of map-grabbing routines be which might help (maps are
usually bigger than the window)?

Has anyone done what I'm talking about? I've been fiddling with it for hours
and can't quite get it. Something is always wrong, either in my max/min
routine, or the cursor offset. My pore ole brain's in a twist.

Maybe there's an easier way I don't know about.

TIA,
Ken N.