Downloads aren't rev files

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Feb 19 23:00:50 EST 2004

On 2/19/04 8:52 PM, Ken Norris wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Lately about half the files I D/L from the Developer Central show up with
> .rev extensions, but don't have Rev icons and won't open at all.
>
> Anyone know what's going on?

No creator/type codes are set for those files. Hold down the Option key
while choosing "Open stack" from the File menu and they should open. If
you save the stack from within Rev after that, they will be assigned
type/creator codes and will open normally after that.

Sarah's droplet is another good solution, but I just discovered this tip
and it saves a step.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com