Binary objects

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Feb 20 11:05:12 EST 2004

On Friday, February 20, 2004, at 02:43 AM, A.C.T. wrote:

> My question now is: I have browsed the documentation but did not find
> a detailed description about how to handle binary objects.

Transcript commands and functions that may apply are these:

charToNum()
numToChar()

binaryEncode()
binaryDecode()

As in any environment, make the basic functions and command you want
and use those.

Don't put binary in array keys or fields.

Characters are bytes and all values are allowed.  A string is a
sequence of bytes.

You can access a sequence of bytes by character chunking as in "char 7
to 8 of header".

Dar Scott