Beginners global variable pb

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Feb 19 16:27:04 EST 2004

Bon soir Benoit,

at first a warm welcome to this list :-)

>   Hi,
>
>   I'm a beginner with Revolution (used other things in the past for
> interface dev) but decided to use it since it corresponds exactly to
> what I
> need for a cross-platform product prototype. My code maybe not the
> finest or
> the most elegant but it basically does what it is supposed to do up to
> now ;-)
>
>   Now here is the problem I'm up to:
>
> - The first card let's the user select the language interface for the
> rest
>   of the stack. I know how to change on the fly the texts on that card
>   the user's selection from the scrolling list field. But I haven't
> found
>   a way to store that selection so that every text field on every card
>   displays text in the correct language (LanguageChoice is a global
> variable
>   defined in the stack script in open stack and modified in the
> language
>   selection script)
>   TIA for any help.

Check my website, see below, click X-Talk and download the file
"CP_sets1"...

This might get you started, and feel free to ask more questions here
as they come up :-)

> P.S. Oh! Just one more thing, is there a way to have an image put in
> such
> away that it appears in every cards at the same place when you create
> a new
> card? And if you modify that image you don't have to copy and paste
> hundreds
> of times? It ain't a priority but it would be cool ;-)

You can simply group the image(s) you want as a "background",
check "backgroundbehaviour" in the inspector and then you can place
that group on any card you want.

ONE (or more, and not only!) image(s) on MANY cards.

Hope that helps...

> --

Bonne nuit :-)

Regards