Style: Select Grouped Controls

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Feb 18 09:32:58 EST 2004

>At 12:30 pm -0700 16/2/04, Dar Scott wrote:
>
>>I wonder how folks use "Select Grouped Controls".  Some possible answers:
>>
>>   [ ] Never.  It shouldn't even be on the tool bar.
>>   [ ] Only in special cases and then turn it off.
>>   [ ] By default.
>>   [ ] Always, of course.
>>   [ ] Is this why I keep accidently messing up my group contents?

Hi All,

When editing a card, I often use the pointer tool to open a control's
property palette by double-clicking on the control.

If I want to access properties for an individual control (whether
grouped or solo), I set "Select Grouped Controls".  If I want to
access properties for a group, I deselect "Select Grouped Controls".

Works for moi.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company