Style: Select Grouped Controls

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 09:51:08 EST 2004

At 12:30 pm -0700 16/2/04, Dar Scott wrote:

>I wonder how folks use "Select Grouped Controls".  Some possible answers:
>
>   [ ] Never.  It shouldn't even be on the tool bar.
>   [ ] Only in special cases and then turn it off.
>   [ ] By default.
>   [ ] Always, of course.
>   [ ] Is this why I keep accidently messing up my group contents?

All of the above. :)

The only thing consistent about my use of this feature is that it's
never set the way I want it (buttered toast syndrome). Like others
have said, it would be nice to be able to toggle this easily. My
preference would be that clicking selects the group and alt-clicking
selects the individual object. However, I'm too lazy/incompetent to
think through whether this has knock-ons for other modifier key uses.

Dave